Did you have any idea that THIS is what Idaho looks like? I didn't!
I admit it. I was extremely prejudiced. I thought Idaho was nothing but white supremacists and potatoes. I also figured they had some forests and some mountains near Sun Valley but that other than that it was just a state on my placemat that needed checking off.
Well, it's pretty white, I admit that. I have not seen a black person in three days. That is just plain weird. But the people seem nice enough, the scenery is gorgeous and in both towns we've stayed (Sandpoint and Lewiston) they have Democratic Headquarters with large display signs that one can see from the main road! So that was a relief.
I have other pictures of our trek today - but it's too late and I have to go to bed. I'll uploa
Ida
And then today we went to Arco -- and took a tour of the first Nuclear Breeding Reactor EBR-1.
Very cool. Terrific job for the guy who gave us our tour -- he was knowledgeable and friendly and seemed happy to talk about nuclear fission, the history of nuclear science and all things associated forever!!
Life is good and this trip has been fantastic! Tomorrow we make it to Yellowstone ...and then for the next five days its back to nature with all of our energies inside Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Park.
No comments:
Post a Comment