Sunday, November 13, 2011

In Memoriam

In the last two weeks
two 23 year old sons
of different friends of mine
have died in
car accidents.

Such sadness.
Such loss.

I just needed to make a space for
Brooks Rogers
and 
Clay Kickliter

and 
all the sons and daughters
of my dear friends
who have
died.

I'm so, so sorry.

4 comments:

  1. Prayers for the Rogers and Kickliter families, whose lives have been so shattered. How I wish that I could offer them . . . anything at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tragic.

    My God, 23 years old. I remember when I was 23, feeling like I was all grown up. Only at 51 do I realize how young 23 is. What a terrible loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How unspeakably horrible. My sympathies to their families.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christmas will be a sad time for these families. I will offer prayers that the overarching Spirit of this Season will somehow ease their pain.

    ReplyDelete