I just finished this incredible book - Life List by Olivia Gentile.
This video of her book is awesome...and will lure you into the amazing world of birding!
I am a total amateur, but I love birds in my backyard.
I never seem to have the camera ready for the exotics. But at the end of the day, I just love them all. Even the Blue Jays. If you watch them long enough, they are far more interesting than they seem and they have many more tunes that they sing than the screeching warning call that is so familiar.
This year I ran out. It was my first real learning experience with commodities. Seems that Nyjer Seed is grown in some foreign country, and by the time it got in its ship to the US, the price was in flux.
So the damn ship stayed offshore, and as the Goldfinches were migrating through we ran out. I'm not kidding. I scoured the internet for it and was willing to pay over $50 for a 10 pound bag. But by the time my order went through the company (in Texas) had to call me to tell me they couldn't get it. Pissed me off.
Well..if you get a chance, read the book. It's terrific. I have an extra copy, so if someone wants a copy email me : artandsoulfoundation at hotmail dot com
No comments:
Post a Comment