
Dublin is simply gorgeous. A wonderful walking city. Well, maybe on one's first day it is a little confusing because there is so much to see and most of the people are going to work and I clearly stand out as a visiting wanderer.
Oscar Wilde seemed mildly happy to see me. Well, at least he didn't object.

His memorial sits in a lovely, quiet corner of Merrion Square. There are two smaller monuments with many of his best quotes written all over them. It's hard not to laugh out loud whilst reading. (sorry, but it's in the air - one has to say whilst while here) The shopping on Grafton Street is inviting. The people are friendly. The smells are delicious. The bells ringing are musical.
I've been to The Library at Trinity College and had my first look at The Book of Kells and other medieval manuscripts. Stunning. Breathtaking.
Really enjoying myself. .
Fabulous. Love the pics, esp the street shot.
ReplyDeletei enjoyed dublin and found it very difficult to leave. mostly because they neglected to put up signs to get to the highway, so i missed my turn. and then hit a bus.
ReplyDeletestick to walking. [grin]
Ha Twif! I can understand that. I nearly missed my turn and I *was* walking!
ReplyDeleteTomorrow is Newgrange and Hill of Tara. I can't wait!
Schmutzie - I put up more pix on FB. And soon the DOORS!