I have downloaded a great (I think) daylong walk of the city of Dublin, and hopefully we will do that one of our days there. And, I think we are planning a trip to Newgrange - which should be wonderful.

I'm caught up in reading, writing and hopefully some painting soon. I feel a bit overwhelmed, and am thinking maybe that is a good state of mind to be in when approaching such a place as Ireland.
I'll muse on this, and take pictures of my own...and see where it leads.
(Oh, and I know Joe wants to see a Martello Tower)
Tons of pictures please. And don't forget my Doors of Dublin obsession okay? Click click click.
ReplyDeleteOh and they tell me that the roads outside of town are quite narrow, so be heads up.
Safe travels Cindy.
(sorry for the delete. Had to correct a xypo)
Hiya Mikey - no problem and yes I have remembered the Doors of Dublin! I will have about a day and a half all on my own, and I plan to wander about taking pictures. I even got a new little Nikon Coolpix for the trip - easy to use, easy to carry. I'm so happy with it!
ReplyDeleteWe'll keep our eyes out and maybe look into transportation out to Newgrange. Mostly we'll be wandering about the town with snippets of Ulysses playing in our heads. Joe is hell-bent on retracing Bloom's steps. I want to spend more time at Trinity College and I imagine we'll meet somewhere in the middle with a good dose of Leopold adventures (maybe even a Martello tower) and infamous Dublin hospitality!
Thanks for the safe travels wishes - I love that!
Sounds wonderful.
ReplyDeletedefinately hit bru na boinne. perse & i stayed at rossnaree, right on the river. literally across the river from newgrange. you'd like it.
ReplyDelete