To be able to come and drive and
find accomodation and walk among the trees,
and followthe creeks and rivers. It has been
phenomenal - and worth every single second
of the driving and the planning to get here.
We started at East Glacier and spent two nights there. I saw an amazing array of birds -- new to me coming from such a tropical clime. Tree swallows, Mountain Bluebirds, Northern Flickers, Killdeer, Meadowlarks, and a Long-Billed Curlew. These are just to name a few. I am terrible with the camera unless the subjects sits still - like a mountain - so I don't have any pictures of the birds. But they're gorgeous.
I also continued to see deer, antelope and all kinds of forest animals like chipmunks. Hoping to see a moose before we leave Montana. After all, this is moose country, and that is one of my lifelong dreams. Weird, I know. We have been listening to Joseph Marshall read about Crazy Horse and so I keep feeling the importance of the mountains, the falls, the various lakes. They are more than just pretty scenery. And it appeals to my creative side - to imagine what life was like here hundreds of years ago.
Then I come back to reality, get hungry and go to on of the many wonderful diners and cafes for a great cup of soup and a salad. I didn't take pictures of the food.
We did see a moose on our way up to Troy, MT and that made me quite happy! We also went into Canada and I got to see both a Black-Billed Magpie and a Roufous Hummingbird so I was thrilled.
Now we're in Sandpoint, ID and what an amazing thing these glacial lakes are!
If anyone wants to see more pictures, I'm happy share my Facebook album - that seems to be the easiest way to upload pictures. Or email. I really suck at Blogging and this seems to take forever. If you know how to do this blogging with pictures thing in an easier way let me know. This short on here has taken me about 45 minutes. I have lake to watch, fledgling geese are grazing outside my room and there is a change in the light as it moves toward 4 pm and the mountains are deepening to a dark, navy blue. So I have to go outside and be part of it. :)
Gorgeous scenery (hey, and the mountains ain't bad, either).
ReplyDeleteHahaha!
ReplyDelete(I would have probably taken pictures of the food too.)
ReplyDeleteHave you gotten to Yellowstone yet? I had a chance to visit with friends a few years ago, and wasn't able to follow through. I'm still kicking myself.
It's Glacier the most majestic place ever?! I'm retiring to Montana. I've already decided.
ReplyDeleteIt is!! I want to buy a little house in Kalispell for JUST that reason!
ReplyDelete