Connections made throughout my life are amazing to me - and often fill me with wonder.
For instance, tomorrow (May 31) a woman who was my Camp Counselor in 1970 - 1972 will be running a marathon in San Diego, CA. She is doing so to raise money for curing Leukemia.
Her 10th mile will be dedicated to Jesse. Isonomist's dear son.
So from New York, through Florida, through Arizona (where Nancy lives) to California the memory of a beloved child, and human beings trying to find a cure to a devastating disease will be united for those minutes of her mile.... and of course, beyond that too.
It happens all over and all the time. It's not just me. I know that.
But I'm awed by it just the same.
So Nancy: good luck!! I'll be thinking of you and praying for you and wishing you a terrific run.
And Iso: I'll be thinking of you and Jesse with much love all day as well.
Connections.
connections are rad; the way the world works in this way is mind blowing to me. also, your compassion and love for others is incredibly inspiring to me. i love you very muchly.
ReplyDelete