This past summer we took our three daughters to Seattle to partake of The Seattle Opera Company's version of Der Ring des Niebelingen. It was fantastic! I mean, really. Fantastic!
And if you know anything about the Ring you probably know about Die Walkure : or The Valkyrie. Those 9 warrior daughters of Wotan who fly about the skies on winged horses singing Hojotojo and making fabulous music with "their" overture.

Imagine our delight when our eldest daughter presented us with these three drawings upon our return home!
Sometimes I wish I could take credit for the creativity and absolute fabulousness of my kids. Other times I just revel in their existence!
She's very good, and do take the credit, we mom's get the blame when things go wrong so grab the credit and run with it when things are going right!
ReplyDeleteGood on you.
ReplyDeleteSemi-related: After my freshmen year at school, my homework for that summer was to learn Tristan und Isolde well enough to be able to (mock) conduct it.
I got close. Have a nice weekend.