Monday, October 5, 2009

Beautiful Lawson

This beautiful, talented young woman died recently ... and our hearts are still broken.

I watched her grow up. Not within the deeply grieving inner circle that is her large and loving family ... but as someone whose child knew her, and we had her over to our house many times, and we shared many hours together at barns and horse shows around the Southeast.
She was always cheerful, one of those people that makes you smile just to look at. She had an infectious sense of humor, and a naturally sunny disposition. This came in handy when dealing with horses - I would watch my daughter bubble over with frustration and anger ... and invariably Lawson would interject something funny, some understanding commiseration and always some encouragement.

The politics of horses flowed over her (and her mother) with ease and so they were friends to everyone, enemy to none.

Her death was a shock ... is a shock ... and we still reel from it when it inevitably crosses our minds and hearts throughout the day.

I recently looked at the page on our local paper and was absolutely DISGUSTED by the comments left .... good god, what a heartless bunch of yahoos that have access to a computer.

I just wanted to include this picture, and to make a space for this incredibly beautiful and sweet young woman to be remembered.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you. I don't think it ever makes sense when something so senseless happens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jesus. Who would leave rude comments about something like that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right? They were arguing about God. Made me heartsick.

    ReplyDelete