Tuesday, December 29, 2009

End Of The Year

Amazing how the time flies when I'm just focused on the day I'm in ... and squeezing all the goodness out of each waking moment.

It's kind of been like that.

Soaking up the presence of my kids. I have to say that all three girls really seem so settled in to their skins, and at peace with being grown. Its not that they are all "mature" or anything ... ("I got the least" and "Why didn't I get a hoodie?" were heard around the Christmas tree) ... but as to their lives, their plans, their daily, quotidian selves.

So lucky am I. Are we.

Not a single day passed without a profound sense of gratitude invading my awareness.

Now that it's the end of the year, I plan to take the next two days and oscillate between reflecting on the days past and cramming in movies.

I bet I'll thrive on that juxtaposition.

3 comments: