Monday, September 28, 2009

The Garden Grows

So we're breaking ground and hauling in more ground. Manure too. We've been moving rocks around and peeling up grass and replanting it. I'm amazed at what one can do to a yard when you have someone around who knows what they're doing.

As opposed to me just digging and yelling and bossing people around.

We are putting in lots of lettuce, because it actually grows really well here. And kale, chard, collards and turnips. We're also putting in fennel, garlic, mint and lemongrass. We had to move the world's best rosemary plant - but I'm assured it will survive. Around December we'll put in the roots - carrots and beets and I'm pushing for some of those little potatoes. We'll also have broccoli and cauliflower.

And deer. I imagine we'll have lots and lots of deer. I wouldn't mind rabbits either.


No comments:

Post a Comment